> Principal Software Developer @ Splunk
On this web site I publish my personal thoughts and ideas. I am not speaking for any company in my blog posts.
This page is my latest CV. I update it just for fun. I’m not looking for a job. Please don’t send me any jobs opportunities. I’m happy with my current employer.
Starting from 2005 I participated in designing various kind of projects. I worked in different companies and different areas. I worked on building enterprise applications, applications for engineers, tools for developers, applications for regular users and solutions for big companies. I worked on mobile, desktop, web applications and distributed systems. I had experience in building software for Windows, Linux, OS X and Solaris. I used Visual Studio, Xcode, IDEA, Sublime Text and Vim for development. I am fan of everything. I like to code. Every day I’m enjoying being a software developer.
You may think that I am real nerd and geek. Yes I am. But this does not stop me from enjoying active and interesting life.
I’m happy to answer on your questions and discuss interesting topics using
- Email: public[at]denis[dot]gladkikh[one more dot]email
- GitHub: https://github.com/outcoldman
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/outcoldman
October 2013 - Present. Splunk.
- Worked on Key Value Store in Splunk Core. Support for executing Key Value Store lookups in distributed searches and accessing data in clustering environments.
- Contributing to Docker engine, building Splunk Logging Driver.
- Participated in building development tools, sdks and frameworks.
June 2011 - October 2013. Microsoft.
- Worked in Visual Studio Diagnostics Team.
- Worked on first version of Performance and Diagnostics Hub in Visual Studio 2013.
- Supporting legacy Profiling Tools in Visual Studio 2010 and 2012.
- Supporting Code Analysis tools for Visual Studio (FxCop).
March 2010 - June 2011. Mobile Systems International Ltd.
- Developing Mobile network analytics application using
Dec 2007 - Feb 2010. FogSoft LLC.
- Developing enterprise applications.
- Designing solutions based on
January 2005 - November 2007. IT-Co.
- Developing application for engineers.
- Working on Add-ins for
I have a lot of pet projects, some of them visible, some of them not. In this section I decided to list few interesting sucesseful projects I worked on in my personal time.
2013-2015. outcoldplayer (former gMusicW).
Unofficial Google Music player for Windows 8. outcoldplayer was listed on the first place of top paid applications for several days. Version 3.0 got very high ratings. 1000 everyday users. It was great project, but of the lack of free time I stopped working on it and removed it from Windows Store.
Open source Google Chrome application for managing bookmarks. I’ve built first version of Dewey application (former Chrome Bookmarks) on one of the hackathons in Seattle (won second place). After that Jamie Wilson offered me a help for building second version, which was renamed into Dewey. Last time I checked this application had 1500 everyday users.
Visual Studio extension, which allows to remember shortcut keys. You can try it by downloading latest version from Visual Studio gallery or you can take a look on source code under https://github.com/intellicommand.
November 2007 - June 2011. Yaroslavl State University. Postgraduate Student.
Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, Department of differential equations. Research on “greedy” algorithms in Marzenkewitz and Lorentz spaces.
- Functional languages application. Realization wavelet-compress for images with F#.
- Images search with wavelet-transformation. Realization with F#.
- Estimates Cordoba-Fernandez operator in Marcinkiewicz spaces.
- Lower bounds for exponential sums in Marcinkiewicz spaces.
September 2002 - June 2007. Yaroslavl State University. Specialist / Master degree.
Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, Department of differential equations.
- October 2013 – M101JS: MongoDB for Node.js Developers.
- September 2013 – M102: MongoDB for DBAs.
- August 2013 – M101P: MongoDB for Developers.
- May 2009 - (MCTS) - .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Applications.
- Dec 2009 - (MCPD) - .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Applications.
- Feb 2010 - (MCTS) - .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Presentation Foundation
- Jun 2010 - (MCTS) - .NET Framework 4, Windows Applications
- Sep 2010 - (MCTS) - Windows Communication Foundation 4
- Oct 2010 - (MCTS) - .NET Framework 4, Data Access
- Oct 2010 - (MCPD) - Windows Developer 4
- Oct 2010 - (MCTS) - Silverlight 4, Development
Honors & Awards
- Jule 2009 – June 2011. Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Client App Dev.
- 2009 - 2010. Microsoft Student Partner.
- 2008 - 2011. Ineta User Groups - .NET Associations. Group Leader of Yaroslavl Student .NET Association and Speaker of Yaroslavl .NET Association.
- 2007 - 2011. GotDotNet Team. Forum moderator and articles author.